Saturday, April 22, 2006

A chicken, a mongoose or a lamingo?

My birthday was on Easter Sunday, and I received a few gifts from the family. This is a picture frame I got from my thoughtful brother-in-law Don (You might call him Paul). Beth's name was also on the card, but I suspect Don did the shopping. I have proudly displayed my frames (it was a set of 3!) on my fireplace mantel in the living room. Earlier this week Drew points at this frame and says, "I want to see chicken. I want to see chicken." After telling him that it was a flamingo, not a chicken, I told him it was breakable and he couldn't see it. About half hour later, he points at it again and says, "I want to see mongoose. I want to see mongoose." I relented and let him see it, so he could get a better look at the "mongoose." He has finally started calling it a "lamingo."
Blake's take on the frames, and this is an exact quote, "They're not my style. Could you put them in your room mom." Who knew my 4-year-old had style?

No comments: