Monday, August 04, 2008

4-year-olds are funny

OH, REALLY
Last week, my 4-year-old walked in the kitchen with his head down, and says, "Did you notice?"
My husband's like, "What?"
4-year-old: "I'm NOT wearing my happy face."
My husband: "Uhhh. Whhhhy?"
Allegedly I told him Dad would take him to the toy store to buy this expensive playmobile castle he had been saving up for. I did not promise him this nor did he have enough money.

POLITICAL ADS CAN BE FUNNY

Today we were in the car and one of the never-ending Missouri political ads was on the radio station. This one was for Peter Kinder who is running for Lt. Gov. His opponent is Sam Page. In the radio clip, Kinder compares Page to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde — dubbing him "Mr. Hide" while asserting Page missed 284 House votes and backed some Medicaid cuts while supporting an increase in the Medicaid reimbursements paid to doctors. It keep saying over and over "Sam Page is hiding ...."
My 4-year-old wanted to know, "Mommy, why is Sam Page hiding?" I told him, "It's just a political ad." He says, "But WHY is Sam Page hiding?"

No comments: