Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Camping and canoeing


A little papoose along the river. Drew passed out
halfway through the trip. He was very tired
because he was up until midnight the night before.


Blake's favorite part about the trip was swimming
in the river. He loved riding the current.


Drew, MacKenzie and Blake in the canoe.


It's not camping without a fire.

We went camping and canoeing on the Meramec with some friends of ours this weekend. They have a 3-year-old daughter Mackenzie and everyone had a great time. Though some of us got a little tired on the river. Blake had fun catching lightning bugs and a huge moth. And also roasting marshmallows. His favorite part on the river was jumping in to swim. Drew liked playing in the dirt with his trucks and keeping mom and dad up late :)

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Lonely for comments around here! Let me just say, then, that I'm totally jealous of your outdoor fun. I used to go camping all the time with my mom and dad, and I would love to get that tradition started with Emilyn and Allen. Working every single Saturday of my life has put a dent in that plan! Oh, well. Maybe one day... Great pictures, Norma!