Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Day


After our float trip, Scott and I drove home on Saturday night then to Chicago on Sunday to celebrate a retirement of my former sports editor. It was great seeing old friends who we had not seen in almost 8 years. I'm really glad we made the trip even though it was a lot of driving in one weekend. Blake and Drew stayed with Grandma and Grandpa and others at the cabin. They woke up at 5 a.m. for them. But the rest of the weekend went pretty smoothly or so they say. Here the patriotic kids relax in a new hammock we picked up at IKEA. It was nice to get away by ourselves for a couple of days, but I have to admit I missed my Drew hugs. He's the best hugger right now. And he's a Klingsick boy. Really. We both got great big hugs and kisses from both of them when we got home.

No comments: